Click here to download ESSAY COPY of UPSC topper ANUDEEP DURISHETTY
ANUDEEP DURISHETTY has secured first rank in UPSC Civil Services Examinations – 2017. This post dives deep into one of his ESSAY COPIES. Video link covering detailed analysis of the essay is given below.
Some takeaways from the essay
- Stick to the theme of the essay
- Keep relating your content to this theme, at regular intervals
- Your understanding of the demand of essay should be crystal clear
- Every section of the essay should be related to its predecessor and successor – backward and forward linkage
- Keep language simple and lucid
- Open dimensions – as diverse as you can
- Quote examples to support your argument
This essay, by UPSC topper ANUDEEP DURISHETTY, begins with an example – Issue of high dropout rates in Tamil Nadu schools. It mentions how introduction of MDM addressed the problem. Bringing about this change required LEARNING of innovative ideas to bring a CHANGE.
Contemporary Essays for UPSC [by Ramesh Singh]
The next paragraph acts like an INDEX to the essay. It mentions the broad areas covered in the ESSAY.
The broad areas are:
- Explanation of the topic of essay in simple language
- Establishing relationship between the two keywords – LEARNING & CHANGE
- Issues and challenges in LEARNING & CHANGE
- Way forward
ANUDEEP DURISHETTY quotes several examples and opens multiple dimensions in this essay.
Dimensions covered: SOCIAL – ECONOMIC – POLITICAL – ADMINISTRATIVE – ENVIRONMENTAL ETC.
- CHANGES brought about by Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Gandhi
- CHANGES from GDP to HDI as an indicator of prosperity
- French Revolution and related CHANGES
- CHANGE in status of women etc.
Barriers to LEARNING and CHANGE:
Attitudinal, Resistance by those in power, Poverty and Ignorance, Attitudinal resistance etc.
This essay, by UPSC topper ANUDEEP DURISHETTY, concludes by recommending ways to inculcate a culture of learning. The last paragraph ends on an optimistic note.
Video link of detailed analysis:
UPSC topper Nandini K R | Essay copy| What we can learn